With the heat and humidity beating down on us, here are some simple ways you can prevent heat emergencies.
* Dress for the heat. Wear lightweight, light-colored clothing.
* Drink water! Drink water even if you do not feel thirsty. Avoid alcohol and caffeine
* Eat small meals and eat more often.
* Slow down. Avoid strenuous activity. If you must, do it early!
* Stay indoors when possible. If air-conditioning is not available, stay on the lowest floor out of the sunshine.
* Be a good neighbor. Check on elderly residents and those without air-conditioning.
For more information on heat related emergencies, check out the link below: